What is Extended Producer Responsibility?
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is a policy approach that places the responsibility for managing the environmental impact of a product’s entire life cycle on the manufacturer, producer, or brand owner. This means those who design, produce, and sell products are responsible for the product’s environmental impact from its creation to its eventual disposal or recycling.
The goal of EPR is to shift the burden of managing a product’s environmental impact away from only consumers and local governments. It aims to hold the entities that produce and profit from those products accountable as well. By doing so, EPR encourages sustainable product design, minimizes waste, promotes recycling, and reduces the environmental footprint of products throughout their life cycle, further promoting a circular economy.
Why to choose Recity
Recity’s ecosystem model is strengthened with over half a decade-long expertise rooted in ground experiences across 16 states and 22+ cities, in-house technology, and 2 state-of-the-art Material Recovery Facilities, enabling a smooth EPR fulfillment. Our vast collection channels and a network of 100+ PWPs enable a hassle-free EPR experience for all our PIBO partners.
- Our collection channels & network of 100+ Plastic Waste Processor networks are registered as well as reliable.
- Our expertise comes from ground experience in 16+ states, making our EPR service hassle-free.
- We bridge data gaps with our technology platform, providing you with traceable EPR credits.
Know how Recity’s end-to-end EPR services facilitate PIBOs at multiple levels.
- We support the brand for EPR liability calculation as per PWM guidelines
- We help in the registration on the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) portal
- We enable traceable collection of plastic waste under EPR through MRFs / ULBs / Vendor Networks
- We ensure annual filing for the brand
- We facilitate EPR certificate & credits from the recyclers
- We ensure the delivery of Plastic waste to registered PWPs
Future of Extended Producer Responsibility in India
The future of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is expected to undergo transformative changes as societies globally intensify their focus on sustainability and circular economy principles. EPR, which shifts the responsibility for the entire lifecycle of products to manufacturers, is likely to become more widespread. Governments are anticipated to enact stricter regulations, expanding the range of products covered and imposing higher recycling targets.
Collaborative initiatives among industries, policymakers, and environmental advocates may lead to the development of standardized global EPR frameworks. Companies will increasingly view EPR not just as a regulatory obligation but as a strategic business imperative, recognizing the potential for innovation in product design, material selection, and recycling processes.
This shift towards a more comprehensive and proactive approach to EPR is crucial for addressing the growing challenges of waste management and environmental sustainability. Secure your traceable EPR credits with our 100+ Partner Network across 22+ cities! Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://recity.in/contact-us/