Years of Experience: 9 +
About Recity: Established in 2017, Recity Network Private Limited is a circular waste management company that envisions keeping plastic in the economy and outside the environment by implementing robust technology & on ground solutions across the plastic waste value chain. Recity works with multinational brands, CSRs, multilaterals, government, and city administrations for transforming the global plastic waste industries across the globe. (www.recity.in)
About the Opportunity: This opportunity is to contribute in Recity’s endeavor to bring 3.5 lakh MT of plastic waste into the circular economy. Recity has set up Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs) across multiple geographies in India with a focus on ending plastic pollution specifically in environmentally vulnerable areas like oceans, rivers, forests & hills. Recity aims to converge multiple industry partners to participate in this endeavor to keep plastics in the economy and out of the environment.
Common Accounting & Reporting (Controller Group) job titles: Bookkeeper, Certified Public Accountant (CPA, Staff Accountant, Accounting Analyst, Accountant
1.The Accountant Controller is responsible for maintaining a company’s books and ensuring that all business transactions are properly recorded and managed.
2.The general ledger is the main source for all of the company’s financial reports, so it is important that the Financial Controller and other staff accountants keep an organized record of all credits and debits (a double-entry general ledger ‘journal’).
3.The controller group also performs tasks such as cost accounting and fixed assets accounting.
1.Forecasts/Planning – Coordinate with management for Annual Operating Plans, quarterly forecasts, capital budgets and long-range plans
2. Ensure the Booking keeping is maintained on timely basis
3. Month End Close/Management Reporting — Manages the month-end close ensuring all necessary accounting processes are complete, journal entries posted and accounts reconciled. Provides Executive in Charge with
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, tax laws, and accounting standards.
- Implement and monitor financial policies and procedures.
- Fixed Assets perform/oversee duties related to Fixed Assets including preparing monthly additions & disposals; running depreciation, reconciling FA ledger to GL, booking USD historical FX true ups, periodic inventories and working with local IT to ensure Assets are properly tagged.
- Provide additional documentation as required for statutory reports and act as the main point of contact to external auditors
- Work closely and coordination with the Finance Manager. Ensure Finance Manager is aware of the operational impact, booking of the accounting team
- Complete special projects and AD Hoc reports, as assigned
- Prepare intercompany billings in accordance with transfer pricing agreements
- Manage key relationships with Recity’s regional offices
Team Management and Development:
- Lead and manage the accounts department, providing guidance and supervision to the team.
- Set performance objectives, conduct performance evaluations, and provide training and development opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as finance, operations, and HR, to ensure seamless financial operations.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including auditors, tax authorities, and regulatory bodies.
- Provide financial insights and guidance to senior management for decision-making.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies within the accounts function.
- Stay updated with industry best practices, accounting standards, and changes in regulations.
- Implement technological advancements to streamline accounting processes.
1. Bachelor s Degree in Accounting/Finance
2. Eight or more years related finance/accounting &/or audit experience including proven track record of managing a team
3. Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities must be continually reevaluated and adapted as possible.
4. Strong communication skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Must be flexible and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
7. Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability are critical
8. Ability to operate well in an environment of change and occasional ambiguity
9. Ability to guide and explain to non-finance people financial requirements, procedures and rules.
1.Project Accounting and/or prior manufacturing industry experience a plus.
2.Experience with Pan GST/VAT reporting and filing requirements
3.Experience working with government agencies a plus
4.Strong computer skills and proficiency in Windows, Excel and MS Word
How to Apply: Please send the updated resume to email@example.com