Job Title: Officer- Behaviour Change Darjeeling.
Relevant Competencies: Social Development Communication, Community Mobilization, Stakeholder Convergence, and Partnership Management
Job Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced officer level post, to spearhead the social behavior change communication, community mobilization, stakeholder convergence, and partnership management efforts for a Solid Waste Management project in Darjeeling. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the social development sector, especially SWM, communication strategies, community engagement, and stakeholder management. They will play a crucial role in ensuring effective communication, fostering community participation, and building strategic partnerships to enhance the success and sustainability of the solid waste management project
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy to promote awareness and understanding of the project’s goals, objectives, and vision.
- Conduct thorough assessments of the local community, including its social dynamics, cultural norms, and communication channels, to design targeted communication campaigns and engagement activities.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all communication materials, including IEC Collaterals, brochures,, social media platforms, and public announcements.
- Engage with key stakeholders, including local government agencies, community leaders, NGOs, and relevant organizations and institutions, to foster partnerships and build an ecosystem for the sustainability of the project.
- Organize and facilitate community mobilization activities such as workshops, focus groups, mass IEC, and awareness campaigns to actively involve residents in solid waste management practices.
- Learn and deliver training programs for community members, ensuring their active participation in waste segregation, recycling, composting, and other sustainable waste management practices.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication initiatives, gathering feedback from community members, stakeholders, and partners to continuously improve strategies and outreach efforts.
- Liaise with external agencies and organizations, seeking funding opportunities, grants, and sponsorships to support the project’s social development activities and long-term sustainability.
- Collaborate with the system stakeholders to identify and address social issues and concerns related to solid waste management, fostering a sense of ownership and collective responsibility among community members.
- Prepare comprehensive reports, presentations, and progress updates on communication activities for project stakeholders, senior management, and funding organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a related field.
- Proven experience in social development communication, community mobilization, stakeholder engagement, and partnership management.
- Familiarity with solid waste management practices, environmental issues, and sustainability concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences and platforms. Fluency in Bengali is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders, including community members, waste professionals, government officials, NGOs, and private sector representatives.
- Experience in designing and implementing community engagement strategies and participatory approaches.
- Knowledge of local culture, customs, and communication channels will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and with team members, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and navigate complex social dynamics.
- Previous experience in project management and working in multidisciplinary teams is desirable.
How to apply: Interested candidates share your cv to “firstname.lastname@example.org”